Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone

I have been very fortunate to come in contact with so many creative icons/teachers/designers and I am even fortunate enough to call some of them my friends. From the local talented team at Clipper Street to other design team members, to people I just admire their work. 
I wanted to create more, I wanted to maybe try something I didn't do before and I sure as heck want to use some of the supplies I have sitting here! (I know you are all laughing at that one cuz you all know exactly what I mean LOL)  So the super talented Marjie Kemper started a short term group to work through some of the mixed media art books that are out there. She created a wonderful and supportive Facebook group and sets up prompts for the week! And I jumped on in!! AND....I am even doing my pages in my Dina Wakely Journal!! AND...I'm using stencils and products I haven't used but have had sitting here needing some love! 
So each week we share our page for that prompt, or you can work on a different prompt and share your work, it's very open and you can do more than one to share! The book for August is Dina Wakely's Art Journal Freedom and it has been so much fun so far. These are my pages for the different prompts and now to get to work on week 4, but I wanted to share these pages first! :)

Our Week One prompt was Repetition found on page 52. Here is my take on that one, using a stencil that had never been out of it's package and new Oxide colours and my new journal!



Week Two prompt was  Asymmetry found on page 14

Using my Seth Apter Dies with TH cork and Oxides

Distress Oxides on kraft and layered.

Finished page!
Week Three prompt is Contrast found on page 78. Used a die  and colours that I hadn't used yet! Also tried the scribble around the edge thing....I could learn to really like that part! :)



I'll be back with week 4 next weekend and September's book is The Mixed Media Artist by Seth Apter. You can still join in the group for the just search Mixed Media Art Book Group and Marjie will add you. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are all having some creative time today, and everyday!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~