Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Island Escape Travel Journal

I am so in love with the Journal Die from Eileen Hull's Heartfelt Collection! I have finished my second one on my list of too many to count LOL 
This one I am going to fill with pictures of my trip to Nova Scotia and PEI last month. Although there are no palm trees there, we visited and played on alot of beaches! It was amazing!
I've also done a quick flip through video as well. I know I need to work on my technique, but I am learning. I think I need to get a tripod or something to hold the camera so I can use both hands!
I edged all the pieces in Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick and Vintage photo.

This is the front of the journal. I used the closure tab that is cut out on the die, painted it and then attached a piece of driftwood on it.

The back of the journal with cut outs from the Kaisercraft Island Escape collection. 
Here is the video flip through so you can see the signatures I made for this one.



And here a few close ups of the journal.

Inside cover pocket made with one of the TH glassine envelopes. I just cut one in half and used the top piece for a pocket on the back inside cover.

My piece of driftwood from Crescent Beach, about 25 mins from my house.

The front inside cover and cover of my first signature. Label was painted with Distress Oxides in Worn Lipstick and Cracked Pistachio
 
I did the TH Tropical Thinlit hibiscus in the oxides as well and the stamens are done with Wendy Vecchi's Buttercup ink and then the Buttercup Mica Spray.

the small hisbiscus were done with Spun Sugar and then sprayed with Wendy Vecchi's Pearl Mica Spray

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my newest journal. Hope you are all having a great week!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~