Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Happy 150 Canada!

Yes I am a few days late!! My apologies! I did not get back into the swing of things as quickly as I thought I would! I was off on the east coast of Canada for a couple of weeks and then home and back to work. But now I think I'm back into my usual quiet routine!
Please make sure you come and check out the Mixed Media Mojo Challenges Facebook Group. Share your take on the monthly challenge and don't forget the "twist"! For the month of July the challenge is "Summer Celebrations" with a "symbol of your country" twist! For my first project to celebrate my country I'm sharing my take on our country's flag.





I kept it a bit simple for this one, but still managed to get a few layers and used a tool that I've not used hardly at all!

I stamped Wild Whisper images and the Emerald Creek image in clear ep on the white background of the flag and also on the red maple leaf.

Yes I do have a Gelli Plate (actually two since I do have a smaller one too) and it seems to get buried and I don't use it often. I really should so I can practice and get some cool prints off of it. For all my red pieces I brayered my red acrylic paint on my Gelli Plate an then stamped the Wild Whisper maple leaf into the paint, then pulled the prints.

Pieces of my pulled prints that I used to cut out my maple leaf and cut my side pieces.


Emerald Creek Maple Leaf Swirls embossed in clear on the white and on the pulled print.

 
Wild Whisper's new collection is called Strong and Free and the word stamp is from the matching stamp set.
For my letters I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Market letters (my new favorite item to use)

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to share your creations with us at the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge Facebook page! Can't wait to see all your summer celebrations!

Have a great day!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~