Thursday, December 8, 2016

December Already!

The last few months have gone way too fast!! I am in Christmas mode, had a craft fair that was mildly successful and have rearranged my living room so I could Christmasfy my house! Almost done that part too.
Today I'm sharing a birthday card (you thought I was going to say Christmas didn't you?) that my son asked me to make for a friend of his. I wanted to keep it simple and the info he gave me to work with was that her favorite colour is red. I used some thinlits and voila a card that I was happy with. And the recipient liked it too.
Used my butterfly thinlits and the mixed media #2 set. I used the swirly one (I love the swirls) on a black base piece, then ran it through again on a red sheet. Layered the black piece over a solid red piece, then used the little bits to fill in some of the unused space. I even used black on black and I loved how it added just a hint of texture.

Black swirly on the black base

And using some of the red parts to fill in the negative space too.

On the underpiece of the butterfly I used some of the gold foil I had in my stash but never tried to use. Just in little spots for some colour and I can now add foil to my list of supplies that I like to use!! :)
I really like this card and love all the colour possibilities that I could use with this. It was not too difficult to put together, just a bit finicky with glue and the tiny cut out bits I added.
 It's late for me, 2am, so I should attempt some sleep tonight so I can finish some Christmas projects tomorrow.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day! 

Cathy



3 comments:

  1. Cathy, this is amazing! What a fabulous job you have done. I'm so impressed by all the techniques and styles you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful and vibrant card, so nice to see a gorgeous butterfly at this time of year. Have fun Christmasfying your home,
    I have put my little pink tree up, sadly before we know it, it will all have to come down again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathy, and thanks for the recent visit. I did think you were going to say Christmas...lol. But loving seeing a birthday card! The butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~