Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A New Canvas

I am in full on Christmas mode and working on getting projects ready for a craft fair I have at the end of the month. One of the things I am doing is creating canvasses where people can just add their picture of choice and it's ready to go. I am using different background ideas and colours, but as almost always my Distress Colours get used! :)

I did the background of this 12X12 canvas in layers of Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. I then used the line stencil and the splotch marks stencil to add another layer. The line one I used clear texture paste, then scraped my palette knife across the canvass to add some brighter spots.

I found heart shapes from an old grungeboard set, and Southern Ridge Trading company ( the barbed wire heart) and Emerald Creek charm. All the things I embossed I used San Tropez tan, also from Emerald Creek.
The center part is where someone puts their picture.







I know I'm biased but I just love how the line stencil and clear texture paste turned out! I may have to do this again on another canvas!

Thank you for stopping by and also I appreciate those of you who take time to comment! I do read them all!

Have a great Wednesday!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~