Friday, September 11, 2015

Just Playing

Has the late shift at work today so wasn't home till almost 9:30, have company from Calgary for a couple of days and work the opening shift tomorrow.  So tired, but I wanted to play at my art table!
So because I still have so much to learn on how to use them, I played with my Color Bursts by Ken Oliver again tonight. The backgrounds you can do with one simple product are great! 
As you can tell from the first two pics, you can barely see where the Color Burst Powder is then just spray with water and look at all the color just burst out.

 The first one I did was just some color bursts and sprayed them with water, then stamped the dragonflies with my Ranger Archival black. So bright and lovely.



On the second one I just tapped a bit of the powder onto my craft mat, spray it with water, then just rubbed my watercolor paper over the puddles and got this gorgeous watercolor looking background. I stenciled the words on in Dylusions paint and I painted the dragonfly with my color bursts and #6 round brush.
Didn't take too long and I felt better after a bit of time surrounded by my art stuff! :)

Working on some ideas for my first design team piece for Emerald Creek, but no sneak peeks on that one, not until release time!! Well maybe a hint of colors being used but not the project. Can't wait to get my first order and start creating!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cathy
 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~