Saturday, September 26, 2015

At my desk

I love spending time at my craft table.....I just don't get to do it as often as I'd like too. But last night I sat and made a card to welcome a new baby girl.  A friend from work asked if I could make her a card for a baby shower she was going to this weekend. I said of course!!

I had a couple of ideas in my head already but as soon as I sat down, I changed them, then changed them again LOL

I knew I wanted to use my Color Bursts, because I love them.  So I used a couple of bright colors, spritzed them with water and let it dry. And then mopped up the colored water on my craft mat with more cardstock. I now have some great backgrounds for use another time! :)

I also knew I needed to use my brads from Emerald Creek on a flower again, I just love how they are just the perfect center look. And my charm I used to add a bit of bling with some rhinestones on the ends.



I did the butterfly with my Color Bursts, let it dry and then ran it through with a my die cut. i love how it turned out! I then used the extra bits from the die cut to add to the corners of my card.



Have been seeing updates from the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival put on by Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine! Looks like it has been a wonderful couple of days out in Calgary!! Emerald Creek was in the house at booth #441, showing off all the amazing stamps and brads and charns she has! Nicole Wright Designs was teaching classes and spending some time at the Emerald Creek booth.

I really hope someday they decide to have a carnival down here near Vancouver!! Then I could go too!

Hope your weekend is wonderful

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~