Friday, March 20, 2015

An Arty Kind of Day

The whole day wasn't arty.....I did spend the morning and part of the afternoon with my Dad and my nephews. The boys are on Spring Break here so we went and did the walk around Fort Langley. The boys climbed the tower, walked the wall, watched the blacksmith and the wood carver, got to hammer and bend their own small piece of metal and climbed up on a large stack of barrels. It was a busy day, then out for lunch and home to have some quiet time. Pretty good start to the day, time with 3 of my favorite guys!

Then I walked home from my sister's, and was just in time to catch Art Anthology and their live tutorial on Ustream. Such a great page made by Lanette today and I am so glad to have caught it. And while listening to her teach, she made a comment about NOT over thinking everything....which I do, often! But she said in the video, see Cathy no over thinking, when she did a page showing us the amazing Dimensional Gems colors. So I listened! And didn't over think and just went and made some backgrounds in my art journal. Not sure what is going over top of them yet, but they are ready to go! Lanette Erickson was a great teacher today and you can check out her blog and her designs HERE

I did these two pages with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics and splattered with rubbing alcohol to give it the mottled look. They didn't turn out like Andy Skinner's did, but I'm going to work with it and going to try the same technique on different paper.

This was done was done just using some Liquitex Inks and water, in a few colors I love.


I also caught the Live with Prima class with Bona Rivera-Tran. It was her very first tutorial and she did this amazing tray with Prima's Bella Rouge line. She did an amazing job and was so fast at all the fussy cutting, so glad I managed to catch this one! Bona also used one of Julie Nutting's doll stamps and it was gorgeous!

So it ended up being an arty day....and I haven't done my project yet but I did watch my Life Book 2015 lesson with Jane Davenport...again :)

Also on my desk right now are two canvasses, one is going to be for my sister with a picture of her boys on it and the other one is just hodgy podgy right now and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I am finding that I like having more than one project one the go...we'll see how long that lasts for LOL

The one in shades of blue is going to be the one for my sister, did the background with my Gelatos and water then sealed it with clear gesso. The other one has paint, collage, modelling paste and stencils and bit of Dylusions.

Thanks for popping in and hope a wonderful weekend is waiting for everyone!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~